POLL: READ THROUGH TO THE END AND TAKE THE POLL
Trump supporters are hopeful that their man, Donald Trump, will obtain the 1237 delegates required to earn the Republican nomination. If he falls short, there will be a brokered convention and that’s when the wheeling and dealing would start.
If Trump could earn the 1237 delegates before the convention, that would put him in a position where he will not have to make any deals to get delegates to come over to his side in a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th polling of the delegates. He would have a lot more freedom to choose his own pathway moving forward.
But if he falls short, he might have to embrace the delegates of the other candidates, and that might mean he would have to make certain deals with them. That would not be desirable.
Even worse, the other candidates could make deals and convince their delegates and some of Trump’s delegates too, to support one of the other candidates, or even another establishment politician who didn’t even run. That would be very upsetting to Trump supports.
Trump could always run as a third party candidate if he was mistreated by the RNC at the convention. But there could be some logistical issues to get him on the ballots in all 50 states at that late time. Some Trump supporters would vow to support Trump to the bitter end, even if it meant writing his name in on their ballot. Who knows if Trump could win as a third party candidate? Maybe that would throw the election to the Democrats.
Of course, we hope Donald wins the delegates required to be selected as the Republican nominee for President. But what if he comes up just a tiny bit short and the establishment manages to sneak in another candidate as the nominee. What would you do? Vote here:
If Donald Trump is close in delegates but is not selected as the Republican nominee, what will you do?
- I will write-in Donald Trump for president (67%, 672 Votes)
- I will prepare to act in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence where it says, "throw off such Government." (15%, 153 Votes)
- I will not vote in the Presidential election (12%, 123 Votes)
- I will hold my nose and vote for whoever they put up as the Republican nominee instead of Trump (3%, 25 Votes)
- I will vote for Hillary or whoever is the Democrat nominee (2%, 20 Votes)
- I will gladly vote for whoever they put up as the Republican nominee instead of Trump (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,000